Lithos therapy uses heated and chilled marble rocks as therapeutic instruments to enhance and prolong the benefits of health and beauty treatments for the body, face, hands and feet.
Therapeutic use of heated and chilled rocks.
Lithos Therapy™ involves the simultaneous use of thermotherapy (heat) and cryotherapy (cold) to alleviate pain and stiffness in joints and muscles, stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation, which encourages detoxification and accelerates healing.
The heat released by the black rocks works in the same way as an ultrasound and the chilled marble sooathes and heals using the same principles as ice therapy.
The application of heated and chilled rocks is like gentle exercise of your circulatory system
In this training you will also cover the following Practical and Theory studies:
• Uses for treatments
• History of Rock massage
• Thermotherapy & Cryotherapy for soft tissue injuries
• For the preventing and treating of muscle and tendon damage.
• Contra-indications and health issues with the use of heat.
• Placement of rocks, warm and chilled
• Uses of all rocks warm and chilled
• Indications for use of Lithos rocks
To read more about this course, please read our Lithos Booklet (PDF).